Online shopping for vintage clothing can be tricky business when it comes to fit. This is why we offer returns within 7 days of purchase. Try it on and if it doesn’t fit, send it back for a full refund (minus shipping). Once received, we will look over the garment to make sure it is in the same condition as when we shipped it. If it is, we’ll refund you within 7 days of receiving it.
Here are some TIPS to maximize potential success when shopping on our site:
Know your measurements. We list the most relevant measurements to the garment’s fit. These are actual measurements, not sizes. Many modern pieces have vanity sizing (yes, even menswear!), which means the number size does not always equal the actual measurement. Have a friend help you take your measurements and keep in mind that you need a little room to breathe, so buy things that are at least an inch larger than your actual measurement.
- Chest – the widest part of your chest
- Waist – the smallest part of your waist, ie- your natural waist. If you aren’t sure, stand up straight and bend your body to the side. The place where your body folds is your natural waist
- Hip – The widest area of your hip, where your butt is it’s fullest.
- Ask questions. If you aren’t sure if something will fit or would like more measurements, please contact us. We’d be happy to help you figure it out.
- Get your items tailored. In the past, everyone went to the tailor or altered their clothing themselves. If you really want your clothing to fit really well, a tailor can hook you up. Keep in mind that items are easier to take in than let out and the fabric inside the garment may be a slightly different color than the rest of the garment. This is due to fading that occurs with sunlight and laundering. This is more of an issue with older items and natural fibers.