1920's Pink, Ivory, Yellow and Taupe Floral Silk Chiffon Day Dress with Shaping Pin Tucks and Bias Skirt Gores
Size: Would best fit someone with about a 26" Waist
Measurements: 31" Waist, 34" Bust, 36" Hip
Total Length (from shoulder to hem): 46"- 49"
This dress is in incredible condition for a 1920's garment! There is a slight pulling away of the chiffon from the right shoulder seam, but is otherwise in impeccable condition. There are belt loops at the waist, but no belt.
Here are some tips to maximize potential success when shopping on our site:
Size vs. Measurements. The listed size is our recommendation for the best fit. Some styles are meant to fit snugly, while others should barely skim the body, so we take the design of the garment into consideration when listing the size. The measurements listed in the description are the actual measurements of the garment. If the size is listed UP TO a size, this means that it would look great on a range of sizes, smaller than or equal to the size listed.
Know your measurements. We list the most relevant measurements to the garment’s fit. These are actual measurements, not sizes. Many modern pieces have vanity sizing (yes, even menswear!), which means the number size does not always equal the actual measurement. Have a friend help you take your measurements and keep in mind that you need a little room to breathe.
- Chest – the widest part of your chest
- Underbust - the circumference of your ribcage underneath the bust.
- Waist – the smallest part of your waist, ie- your natural waist. If you aren’t sure, stand up straight and bend your body to the side. The place where your body folds is your natural waist
- Waist Length - a vertical measurement from the top of your shoulder to the natural waist.
- Hip – The widest area of your hip, where your bottom is it’s fullest.
- Across Shoulder - Measurement taken from the back. Find the outermost point of your shoulder and measure straight across to the same spot on the other side.
Ask questions. If you aren’t sure if something will fit or would like more measurements, please contact us. We’d be happy to help you figure it out.
Get your items tailored. In the past, everyone went to the tailor or altered their clothing themselves. If you really want your clothing to fit really well, a tailor can hook you up. Keep in mind that items are easier to take in than let out and the fabric inside the garment may be a slightly different color than the rest of the garment. This is due to fading that occurs with sunlight and laundering. This is more of an issue with older items and natural fibers.
- Condition Descriptions:
- New with Tags (NWT) - Never worn, with original tags
- Immaculate - In new condition, no damage
- Excellent – May have some repairs, discoloration on the lining, a super light stain that has almost been removed, etc.
- Good - May have a couple of visible mends, slight discoloration on the outside, areas that are more worn, etc. Imperfections will be listed.
- Fair - Mostly very old things with lots of wear that are still wearable.
- Reference only - Not suitable for wearing. Very damaged or very fragile.
We will ship your order within 1-3 business days of receiving it. We offer a free in store pick up option as well.
Domestic orders over $100 or 5 lbs will receive free shipping; otherwise, our rates are calculated at checkout through USPS priority and priority express shipping.
International orders are calculated at checkout through USPS priority international and express international. Some items, such as furs, may require extra duty fees when shipping internationally.
Online shopping for vintage clothing can be tricky business when it comes to fit. This is why we offer returns within 7 days of purchase. Try it on and if it doesn’t fit, send it back for a full refund (minus shipping). Once received, we will look over the garment to make sure it is in the same condition as when we shipped it. If it is, we’ll refund you within 7 days of receiving it.